NGLSE members will encourage students to seek out lunar educational opportunities via degree programs in undergraduate and graduate schools, internships, etc. Examples of potential Education and Public Outreach activities:
- NGLSE group members can reach out to their local high schools and undergraduate institutions via classroom presentations and colloquia about lunar geology, engineering, exploration, their personal undergraduate and graduate experiences, NGLSE, educational opportunities (such as internships) and resources, etc.
- Information and resources posted on the NGLSE Web page and/or Facebook will be accessible to the public and students.
- The NGLSE Facebook page will be accessible to the public and students and will allow for networking, and possibly mentoring, between students and NGLSE members.
- NGLSE members will be encouraged to mentor local high school and undergraduate students.
- At NASA Centers, NGLSE members can provide information about lunar geology, engineering, exploration, their personal undergraduate and graduate experiences, NGLSE, etc. to interns during their orientation activities.
- At conferences such as LPSC, LSC, AGU, GSA, NSTA, etc., NGLSE can hold informal events, present abstracts and posters under the heading of E/PO, and/or have a presence in the NASA booth to inform students (and high school educators in the case of NSTA) about NGLSE, etc.